Turrialba Spanish School
Instituto Chac Mool Turrialba.
Turrialba is a typical Costa Rican town of over 70,000 people in a mountain valley on the Atlantic Slope between the colonial capital Cartago and the Caribbean coast. The area surrounding the town is rural with verdant green mountains, river valleys, farms, coffee plantations and rain forest. The Spanish school in Turrialba is just a 5 minute walk to the Central Park and very close to all of our host families. The area near the Spanish school in Turrialba is very Tico (Costa Rican) and few people speak any English, so it is very immersive and safe Spanish School.
Turrialba is very active both during the day and at night and is the center of the region’s social life and its economy. There are many different restaurants, bars, discos, markets, shops and a nice Central Park. Even though many tourists pass through town to ride the rivers, there are not many foreigners living in the area. This makes for a very good environment for students wishing to practice their Spanish and be immersed in the culture while they study at Instituto Chac Mool Spanish School.
Some reasons to learn Spanish in Turrialba:
• Small intensive group classes of no more than 5 students.
• The Turrialba Spanish school campus is in a picturesque mountain valley, with the best aspects of the city, countryside and mountains.
• The area surrounding the Turrialba Spanish School campus is very rural with farms, ranches and coffee plantations.
• Great afternoon and weekend activities such as Dance and cooking classes, rafting, kayaking and mountain biking.
• Best location in Latin America for families with small children.
• Turrialba is the most immersive location with only Spanish speakers in the area.
• Turrialba Spanish School is located in an extremely safe area, perfect for families and those traveling on their own.
• Small Spanish school so it is very flexible and willing to set up special programs or group packages.